Topicscape Pro 2.5 Beta
Topicscape Pro Beta version 2.5 expired on December 12th 2009 and has gone live
Nearly all the functions of Topicscape in 3D are accessible in the new 2D view - with the exception of the broad view of the landscape, and the "sense of place" that tells you where you are instantly. But on a small or simple Topicscape, this is not always necessary.
Version 2.5 of Topicscape Pro lets you flip between 2D and 3D as you wish, see contents of topics pop up in the Map or 'Scape views, and see previews there as well.
- 2D Map option. Flying is like Cooliris®
- Flip backwards and forwards from 2D to 3D as you wish.
- 2D maps are customizable, and appearance can be tied to a particular Topicscape.
- In 2D select one of your own images for the background.
- Optional new Google® Earth-style controls to fly and zoom in 3D.
- See contents of topics anywhere; from contents list, open occurrences;
- See previews of occurrences wherever an occurrence item can be seen (where Windows makes one available to Topicscape).
- Topic name plates can have black lettering on a white background or the reverse.
- Tunnel viewing improved.
- Alt+Home provides a new Home position view.
WHAT'S NEW - much more
Details of 2.5 are in the picture-rich What's New document (download pdf).
Download and License
For purchasers of Topicscape Pro 2, version 2.5 is a free upgrade. Purchasers of Topicscape Pro 1 will need to purchase an upgrade license to take advantage of the new capabilities of v.2.5.
Importing from PersonalBrain (PB) with the Beta version
There are two levels of PersonalBrain import:
- The main PB import (as exported to a '.pba' file by PB with no Labels, Types or Tags).
- The extended PB import, with Labels, Types or Tags fetched directly from the PB database.
Both Brain import processes have been verified with the latest version of PB (5.5).
Note that you need the full Pro version of PB to export a Brain to a .pba file, and you need such a .pba file to import a Brain to Topicscape Pro.
Important note about exporting from PersonalBrain: PB does not tell you when the export finishes, and it is easy to think it's done when in fact it has not. A count of thoughts exported shows at the top of the PersonalBrain window, but when that shows that all thoughts have been exported, the export process still has to compress and store all the files from the PB in the .pba file that it is producing. This often takes much longer than the 'thoughts' export. One reliable way of ensuring that it has finished is to right-click on the PBA file, select Properties and note the file size. Wait a minute, and do the same again. If the file sizes are the same, the exported PBA file is ready.
We're keen to hear what you think, whether you find any problems, and what suggestions you have. You can contact us at email@example.com for help and direct feedback, or use Topicscape's Google Group
You can also sign up to edit this wiki, and add comments on the Discussion tab for this page.
Please go to the Discussion tab to see the errors that we know about.